Remember when you needed a wired connection between two endpoints in order to access important materials for your business? Thanks to wireless connectivity, businesses can now access online materials in a much easier fashion. The question then becomes, how does a wired connection improve your operations, and is it a benefit for your organization?
Today, we want to discuss some of the strengths and weaknesses of wired and wireless connections. With this information in mind, you can make the best decisions for your business.
- Speed – Wired connections are faster than wireless ones, so you can use an Ethernet connection to improve speeds for transferring data with your network and the Internet.
- Stability – The wired connection will be more stable and less prone to interference, so you are more likely to maintain consistent Internet speeds.
- Security – It’s easier to secure a direct connection between two network points compared to a wireless signal broadcast through the air.
- Mobility – A wireless connection is not limited by the physical or wired connection, meaning you can take your work on the go to effectively collaborate and be productive from any location. Employees can work from their desk, a conference room, or anywhere the wireless access allows.
- Scope – Wireless connections give your team more devices to get work done with. This is incredibly empowering for businesses and employees, and it can even be a great perk for people visiting your office.
- Convenience – Accessing the Internet is made much easier when you don’t need a wired connection. Since collaboration and communication benefit from increased accessibility, a wireless connection makes sense to have.
If a business can embrace connectivity and still benefit from access to a network, then it should absolutely do so. If you can successfully implement wireless connectivity, then we are of the mind that you should, while also keeping its weaknesses in mind. Ultimately the choice will depend on your business’ specific needs and your employees’ demands.
To learn more about how you can take advantage of wireless connectivity and technology, reach out to us at 020 7898 3500.